Arriving by ferry
Arriving to Athinios port you have the following options to get to your hotel and move around:
- Use a shuttle bus or private transfer service which will take you to your hotel with no hassle. This is the most convenient way to get to your hotel from the port. You can book your transfers in advance, either for a shared or a private transfer. Transfer services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and the driver is waiting for you at the port.
- Take a taxi. If you haven’t book a transfer service in advance, this is a convenient way to move to your hotel. The cost from Athinios port to Fira is about 15€. The prices are determined yearly and vary according to the season. Additional cost may apply if you book ahead, if you have luggage and for night rides.
- Use your hotel shuttle service, which can be with or without any cost. Contact your hotel directly to make the arrangement.
- Take a bus. You will need on average more than one hour to get to Fira, including the waiting time. The ticket price from Athinios port to Fira is 2,30€. You can find the buses timetable at www.ktel-santorini.gr.
- Rent a car at Santorini port.
Arriving by cruise ship
If you arrive in Santorini by cruise ship you will be tendered by small boats to the old port located below Fira. From there, you have the following options to reach Fira in minutes :